If you have discovered mold growth in your home, chances are there is mold in areas you cannot see. Mold thrives in dark, moist areas, and typically will not be very obvious. That is why you need a professional team to take a look. First Call 24/7 is a fully certified restoration company with an expertise in mold remediation. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we can help you handle any sized mold project. Servicing residential and commercial facilities, our teams are experts in mold remediation.
Servicing the Ft. Lauderdale and South Florida areas for 10 years, we have the tools and supplies needed to accurately perform your mold remediation. Our goal is to get your indoor environment back to a safe and healthy level.
Excessive Mold Growth can be hazardous to your health
There is no such thing as 100% mold removal. Mold is as common to our lives as the air we breathe. Outdoors and indoors, mold is biology’s decomposing mechanism. Many companies will tout they can completely remove all mold in your home. You see, there will always be a presence of small amounts of mold, and that is completely normal.
- Excessive mold, however, can be hazardous to your health
When the indoor air quality of your property has been affected by the presence of excessive mold, symptoms could include respiratory problems such as heavy breathing, wheezing, and unexplained shortness of breath.
Occupants can also experience sinus and nasal congestion, as well as burning or watery eyes. In addition, depending upon the severity, one could experience skin irritation, skin rashes or irritation in the throat or nose. In severe cases, headaches, nosebleeds, body pains and high fever have been reported.
Excessive mold is not something you want to risk, especially if your property has a large amount of occupants. If you feel that you may have a mold problem, reach out to First Call 24/7 for a free estimate.
Cleaning up Mold
When you choose First Call 24/7 to handle your mold remediation project, you are choosing one of the best in the industry! We are certified by the IICRC in mold removal and follow a specific process each and every time. We are aware that not all mold remediation projects are the same, however our systematic process can be applied to any size job!
- Identify the moisture problem: When our technicians arrive, the first thing we will do is find the source of moisture, and correct it. That way, the mold issue will not return.
- Set up containment rooms: Using poly, tape and negative air machines with HEPA filters, our technicians will build a contained area around the molded space. This way, mold spores cannot get disrupted and travel to other areas of the property. This technique keeps mold isolated where the damage has occurred.
- Remove any affected material that is porous: This includes drywall, carpet padding, ceiling tiles, clothing, leather and more. If areas of the drywall has been affected, then we will cut 12” around the perimeter of the affected area, making sure we remove all contamination
- Using a stiff brush and pads, scrub the affected area and rinse with hot water: This process removes the mold from the remaining areas. A stiff brush assist the cleaning process by offering the proper amount of abrasion to remove stubborn mold spores.
- Disinfect and allow to dry: When you choose First Call 24/7, we use specialized commercial cleaners specifically for mold remediation. Over the years we have found that green cleaners are the safest and most effective. We allow 2 days to dry with the aid of tools such as dehumidifiers.
- Vacuum with a HEPA filtered vacuum: Going through the entire area with a HEPA filtered vacuum, this allows us to address any last mold spore in the space.
We Get the Job Done
When following our six step process, we remediate the space to meet EPA guidelines. Our air-quality inspections are passed each and every time. We understand that your life or business does not stop when mold is discovered and we strive to quickly remediate the space.
We pride ourselves in fast and accurate response. This means that when you give us a call, we will arrive within 45 minutes or less. An immediate response is essential in minimizing further damage and start the remediation process.
Servicing the Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas for 10 years, give us a call at 1-866-637-9669 your no-obligation free estimate!